Peat-free mulch is great for your garden.
It’ll protect your plants against freezing weather, nurture new growth and keep weeds away.
And it’ll save you a few quid.
10 benefits of using peat-free mulch in your garden
- Winter is coming and that means frost. Mulch provides a protective barrier for your plants against frost. That means not having to put your hand in your pocket to replace them in spring.
- The change in season also means more rain, and in particular the likelihood of heavy rain (got to love the great British weather!). Mulch acts as a protective covering, helping to keep the plant structure bound.
- Weeds! Digging out weeds is nobody’s idea of fun, and mulch can save you some back-breaking work by stopping weeds getting rooted in your soil. It’ll also save you money on weed killer.
- Mulch brings all the right insects, including earthworms, to the party. These plant-friendly insects increase biological activity in your soil, which is very good news for your plants.
- Soil nutrients are very important to the health of your garden. Mulch slowly releases nutrients into your soil, helping your plants retain key vitamins. It also helps battle pests and diseases.
- Your garden and plants need water and moisture to thrive. As well as protecting against heavy rainfall, mulch helps your soil to retain moisture and reduces water run-off when watering. As a result, you spend less time and money on watering.
- Plants don’t do well under stress. Stress them out and they won’t grow well, if at all. Mulch is like a comfort blanket that provides plants, including delicate seedlings, with the perfect environment for growth.
- Gardens often suffer from soil erosion. People walk on paths and kids play on the grass – it happens. But mulch can help by offering extra protection against this kind of everyday wear and tear.
- Using mulch in your garden looks good! Mulch is available in different colours, which you can work into the design of your garden.
- Last but not least, using peat-free mulch sourced from sustainable woodlands is better for the environment. You’re using an ethically produced product made of recycled waste materials, which is a good thing.
This is why you should use peat-free mulch in your garden!
Mon - Fri : 7:30 - 5:30 / Sat : 8:00 - 12:30