Everyone wants a beautiful garden.
You want your lawn to be green and blemish-free. You want your plants to grow big and strong. You want a healthy veg patch. You don’t want weeds anywhere.
So, how do you make your garden grow?
A quality peat-free compost will help you get the garden you want. Here are 10 reasons why you should pick up some peat-free compost the next time you visit your local landscaping centre.
10 reasons why you should use compost in your garden
- 20X longer. Because nutrients are released slowly, peat-free compost feeds your garden for 20 times longer.
- Healthy plants. A good compost is full of nitrogen phosphate and potash. They encourage healthy plant growth.
- Reduces the need for fertiliser. Using compost means you need to use less fertiliser, which means that you need to spend less on fertiliser.
- Better for the environment. Compost use decreases water runoff, which prevents polluted water getting carried to streams.
- Every little drop. Compost helps to save water. It can reduce the amount of water you use by up to 50%.
- All you can eat. Using compost helps prevents leaching, which means that important nutrients aren’t washed away from your plants.
- Micro habitat. Peat-free compost encourages diverse life in your soil, such as worms and insects, which are part of a healthy, thriving garden.
- Fighting fit. Compost helps suppress the nasty plant diseases that can wreak havoc in your garden.
- Weed control. When used as a mulch, compost protects the soil and acts as a good suppressor of weeds.
- Strong growth. Use a quality compost and it will help your plants grow bigger and stronger.
Need more convincing? Here are 10 more benefits of using peat-free compost in your garden. Use it with peat-free compost soil conditioner and peat-free top soil and you’ll get even better results.